Re: Proposal: @-rule for containing exclusive @media rules

On 10/22/12 2:22 AM, François REMY wrote:
> An idea to solve the case in more generality:
>
>     @switch media {
>         (min-width: 1000px) {
>         }
>         (min-width: 480px) {
>         }
>         all {

I can probably live with this, though requiring the explicit "all" is a
bit counterintuitive; it took me a sec to figure out why that works.

The fact that this doesn't simply reuse existing @media rules make the
implementation a bit more annoying, but not too terrible, I guess.  It
also makes the CSSOM for this a bit more painful to spec, too...  Again
not too big a deal, assuming we actually _do_ it.

 >      @switch import {
 >       "desktop.css" (min-width: 1000px);
 >       "phone.css" (min-width: 480px);
 >       "small-phone.css" all;
 >   }

Again, a bit more implementation and spec work than simply allowing
@import inside @media, but doable.

-Boris