Re: [css3-values][css3-page] Viewport-percentage length units in the page context.

Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:

>Le 19/10/2012 15:33, Leif Arne Storset a écrit :
>> On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 13:57:11 +0200, Simon Sapin
><simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
>> wrote:

>defines:

>> How about disallowing the least useful of the two? In my mind,
>expressing
>> font-size in viewport units seems least useful, and there's no
>precedent
>> for sizing fonts relative to a box.
>
>I’ve seen it used: http://css-tricks.com/viewport-sized-typography/

It is also useful if you are using overflow:paged or opera show to make a presentation, and want to scale the font with the viewport, so that your slides fit the available space, and your text remains readable from far.