Re: [cssom] Make CSSStyleSheet constructable

On 10/19/12 2:01 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, why? Do you really find enough pages that link to
> the same stylesheet twice that this benefits? Or is this across pages in
> the same process?

I think this was initially put in place way back when to share our own
internal stylesheets that we use to style our UI.  Those _are_ shared
across "pages" (windows).

But yes, it's actually fairly common for pages to include the same sheet
twice (especially once at toplevel and once as an @import from another
sheet).

And yes, we've considered sharing document-level sheets across pages,
but haven't gotten to doing it yet.  There's a bit more complexity there
(like making sure that your document encoding is part of the hash key).

-Boris