Re: [mediaqueries4][css3-conditional] Whitespace: "and(" vs. "and ("

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
> * Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>>
>>> What do you mean by preserve? Even if the tokenizer eats comments, the
>>> tokens here should still be IDENT '(' rather then FUNCTION.
>>
>>If it eats comments, it doesn't know how to re-serialize unless it's
>>context-aware.  (It can't just put whitespace between every token,
>>because that might change the meaning of e.g. a selector.)
>
> Not white space, but comments can be added like that.

Yes, you could theoretically throw out comment tokens (but keep
whitespace) and then insert comment tokens between every single token
when serializing.  Nobody does that or will ever do that, though.

Or are you trying to say something else?