Re: [css3-break][css3-transforms] Transforming content around breaks

Le 29/11/2012 09:33, Mihai Balan a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
> I just realized that neither the Fragmentation spec, nor the Transforms
> spec actually state how content that is fragmented should be
> transformed. The way I see it, there are two ways of doing it, pretty
> much mutually exclusive:
>
>  1. Content is first fragmented and then transformed. With this
>     approach, each fragment is transformed separately, relative to its
>     own position/size in the corresponding fragmentainer.
>  2. Content is first transformed and then fragmented. With this
>     approach, the content is transformed relative to its initial
>     position/size and then fragmented/clipped/chopped in some way.

Hi,

We recently resolved on 1. for relative positioning:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Nov/0250.html
Minutes TPAC Sun 2012-10-28 PM II:
>    - RESOLVED: Relpos happens after fragmentation

I don’t know if that resolution made it’s way to a spec yet, but it
really should.

Relpos is very similar to a translate() transform, so I think it makes
sense to do 1. for transforms too.

I don’t quite understand how 2. would even work, especially with page
breaks.

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin