Re: [css3-page] Page-margin boxes layout

Le 11/11/2012 20:33, MURAKAMI Shinyu a écrit :
> The large difference is that the existing spec has the rule “The sum
> of the outer widths of the three boxes is equal to max box width.” It
> means that when fit-content width is less than the available width
> the remaining space is distributed to the used widths.

I updated the algorithm based on this idea, although the exact rule is
not the same.

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-page/#margin-dimension

While in the previous iteration the layout of page-margin boxes was
similar to floats, it is now closer to normal blocks.

The biggest change is that boxes with 'width: auto' tend to occupy all
of the available space, even if max-content is smaller than that.

Also, they do not always get at least min-content anymore. If a sentence
has one very long word that has to overflow, there is no reason that
other lines should be allowed to overflow too.

Lastly, this new algorithm should be saner when mixing auto and non-auto
widths.

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin