Re: animate/transition height to/from auto

On 11/23/12 7:10 PM, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> I think the transition should happen with computed values.

Note that the computed height of the outermost div is never "100px".
What you really seem to want is that in some cases the computed value be
converted to a used value (in a way the spec will need to define!  For
example, which exact transitions should and should not be taken into
account during that process?) and the transition effectively happen on
used values.

> So, at 50% the height of 'outer' is 50px, so 'middle' should be '25px'.
>
> When the transition is over, 'middle' will jump to become 100px.

This seems .. very undesirable to me.

In particular, I suspect it will cause such transitions to be serious
footguns.

-Boris