Re: [css3-ui] :valid :invalid - issues and possible solutions

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Zoltan Hawryluk
<zoltan.dulac@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have noticed that the CSS Selectors 4 has a draft for the pseudo-class
> :user-error which looks like it may address most of the issues I had
> described in my previous message, which is great! :D
>
> One thing I would love to know about, though, is if there has been any more
> talk as to what "after the user has significantly interacted with" means
> (The :user-error pseudo-class represents an input element with incorrect
> input, but only after the user has significantly interacted with it).  Has
> there been any more clarification on this?

Nope, it's intentionally left somewhat underdefined, so the host
language and browsers can fill in whatever behavior they feel is best.

The only requirement we make is that :user-error *must* match an
:invalid input between the time when a user attempts (and fails) to
submit a form, and when they next interact with it.  (Again,
"interact" is fuzzy and underdefined on purpose.)