Re: Behavior of device-pixel-ratio under zoom

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:28:00 +0100, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On 12/11/12 01:21, Rune Lillesveen wrote:
>>     For years Firefox has supported a zoom mode that does relayout the
>>     page (by changing the viewport size in CSS pixels). I believe Safari
>>     has supported something similar.
>>
>>     I'm asking whether *that* kind of zoom should affect
>>     devicePixelRatio and device-pixel-ratio.
>>

>> Yes, I think so.
>
> AFAICT, it doesn't do so in Opera at the moment (12.10, Build 1652, Mac
> OS X). I made a simple test page[1] to experiment with zooming, and
> Opera resolutely insists it has a ratio of 2.0 (on a Retina display),
> regardless of the zoom level.

Which is a bug, I think. Looks like we only took Opera Mobile into
consideration when implementing that property.

> However, an article[2] several months ago noted that "Turns out Opera's
> value depends on the zoom level." I was unable to reproduce this, which
> caused me to wonder whether there has been a change to the behavior,
> whereby it used to depend on zoom, but no longer does so?

It doesn't say if this is Opera Desktop, Opera Mobile, or which version. I
don't know.

--
Rune Lillesveen