Re: Behavior of device-pixel-ratio under zoom

On 11/11/12 4:13 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> We (Apple) feel quite strongly that device-pixel-ratio, like window.devicePixelRatio,
> should not change under zoom. It's answering a question about the device hardware

What question about device hardware is it answering, if I might ask?

> I think in general authors should not be able to directly affect the layout of the page
> under different zoom levels. Zooming should shouldn't have unsurprising side effects
> for the user.

I think that depends on whether your zoom is part of zoom-and-pan or
whether it's a relayout-at-different-css-pixel-size operation (which
often gets confusingly called "zoom" but is quite different from
zoom-and-pan).

-Boris