Re: [css-variables] status ?

Unfortunately, using preprocessors is not always possible. For example, on Windows/IIS platform with a custom CGI executable without ability to use any script language, it's completely not an option. Also, using preprocessor does not provide ability to make CSS more compact (using Gzip not always possible, and is problematic under IIS6 and lower in particular).

Moreover, there is nothing _bad_ in having preprocessor features available natively. Using preprocessor for feature that can be easily and reasonably implemented natively would be unneeded overhead.