Re: [css2.1][css3-fonts] keywords in unquoted font family names

Le Ven 25 mai 2012 0:42, John Daggett a écrit :

> Hi Gérard,
>
> Why does your test require the default font to be set?

So that invalid declarations can display "PASS" thanks to "5678" characters.

> That doesn't
> make much sense to me.

Well, if a font declaration is invalid, then it is ignored and then the
UA-dependent default 'font-family' is applied.

> Include a containing div and set its
> font-family to "CSSTest FamilyName".

*_This is_* what I did at line 94 of
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/font-family-rule-004a.xht

and at line 99 of
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/font-52.xht

with

FamilyName": 5678</div>

> FamilyName": 5678</div>
>
> I also think you should include tests for 'foo, inherit' and 'inherit,
> foo' and the same set of tests for the 'initial' keyword.

In

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/font-family-rule-004a.xht

  div#firstTest {font-family: inherit, "CSSTest Fallback";}
  /* invalid: unquoted inherit is a reserved keyword and not a font-family
name */

  div#secondTest {font-family: "CSSTest Fallback", inherit;}
  /* invalid: unquoted inherit is a reserved keyword and not a font-family
name */

If the declarations are parsed as valid, then "CSSTest Fallback" will
apply and we will read FAIL. If the declarations are invalid, then
"CSSTest
 FamilyName" will be applied and we will read PASS.

It's the same thing as 'foo, inherit' and 'inherit, foo' except that
CSSTest Fallback exists and is installed on the tester's system.

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/font-family-rule-004a.xht

Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011