Re: [SAC] ConditionFactory.createClassCondition

* Oliver Becker wrote:
>> Note that the basic idea behind SAC is unsound, in order to make some
>> generic interface you would have to have some stable syntax, but the CSS
>> Syntax is not stable at all, even the "promised to never change" core
>> syntax is changed quite regularily, so you would end up in update hell
>> trying to maintain a generic interface while keeping old applications
>> using it working while providing new applications semi-convenient to all
>> the latest features. That's also why there are no decent tools to pro-
>> cess style sheets. So, whatever problem you are meaning to solve, SAC is
>> unlikely to help.
>
>So you are saying that SAC probably won't be maintained any further?

That is my impression, yes.

>At least http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/SAC/ has been updated last month so I
>hoped SAC is not a cul-de-sac.

Probably to add a translation or a new alternate style sheet or some-
thing like that. Don't trust dates on ordinary pages on w3.org.

>All I actually need is a way to parse and access CSS3 selectors. The
>present tools seem to be incomplete so I decided to write my own
>implementation. By using SAC as the API I thought others might benefit
>from it, too. Though the API design (at least the Java version) doesn't
>seem to be perfect, I rather would like to use some kind of common API
>than to reinvent my own CSS parser wheel. However, the latter now seems
>to be a better choice.

There are probably better APIs to emulate than SAC, but I don't know
anything particularily good or established, so rolling your own might
be the best choice.