Re: [css3-flexbox] Is painting order affected by 'flex-order'?

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I asked this exact question back in January:
>
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jan/1232.html
>
> and it appeared that we settled on flex-order _not_ affecting painting order:
>
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jan/1241.html
>
> and as a result, we have this text in the spec right now:
>
>  # ‘flex-order’ has no effect on stacking/layering; elements must
>  # still be drawn over/under each other based on document order,
>  # ‘z-index’, and other relevant means.
>
> I prefer this behavior (no effect on painting order), but I'm OK with it
> either way.  (though we should be sure that flexbox & grid end up being
> consistent on this)

Argh, I remember that conversation now.  I'd forgotten about that spec text. >_<

Welp, we have inconsistent impls now.  Let me check with Ojan and Tony
to see if they object to changing the impl.  If they don't, then there
was never an issue to resolve.

~TJ