Re: [css3-flexbox] Fixing the "replaced elements may or may not be inline" issue

On 5/16/12 8:42 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> <fieldset>  is display:block already, so it's not troublesome.

Hmm.  I guess that's OK; if someone styles it as display:inline they're
asking for the non-default handling.

> <applet>  should probably be on the list - I missed it because it only
> appears in the obsolete elements list.

Ah.  I grabbed my list from code, not specs.  When our powers combine....

> Is<progress>  (and<meter>) ever a replaced element?

It certainly is in Gecko.

And I don't see how it wouldn't be per spec.  Given

   <progress>Some text</progress>

in a browser supporting <progress>, is the "Some text" rendered?  If
not, it's clearly a replaced element.

I would assume <meter> is the same; I missed that one because it wasn't
in the code I was looking at.  ;)

-Boris