Re: [CSS21] Overflow/clip and stacking contexts

Le 11/05/2012 22:21, Simon Fraser a écrit :
> This has been argued  before
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Feb/0131.html>
> and I'm still very much in favor of having overflow create stacking
> context. I've spent many hundreds of developer hours on making
> overflow work correctly with accelerated compositing in WebKit, and
> much of that time could have been saved if overflow simply created a
> stacking context.

I asked for the same reason. I would very much like to avoid spending
many [insert multiplier] hours implementing overflow correctly (per the
current spec, without a stacking context) ... at all.

I guess that WeasyPrint will stay non-conforming for the time being. The
cost of implementing overflow without it creating a new stacking context
is much higher for us that the interop concerns.

(Although we still have bigger interop concerns, like implementing
floats ;))

--
Simon Sapin