Re: [csswg] using mailing list to resolve spec issues

In my experience as a co-Chair of the HTML WG, resolving issues by email is often effective. When an extra degree of formality is required, we post a Call for Consensus with a one-week time limit to reply. We also quickly review pending email CFCs in the weekly telecon. This gives everyone due notice, and generally HTML WG members have not complained of feeling excluded. When such topics result in extensive email discussion, we know that further discussion of the matter may be required before the WG makes a decision, either in email, on telecons, or both.

Regards,
Maciej