Re: Proposition to change the prefixing policy

On 5/4/12 6:04 PM, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> we still have plenty of room to fix
> them as long as we are aware of the compatibility implications

That's a _huge_ caveat.

In my experience no one is aware of compatibility implications until
typically weeks to months after shipping some change in a final release.
  That's when you start getting all the reports about all the things
that broke....

Witness the fact that some UAs aren't willing to change the behavior of
its prefixed properties to match the behavior of the unprefixed versions
if they don't happen to coincide, even if the changes are small.

What makes you think they would be happier changing the behavior of
unprefixed properties?

-Boris