[CSS21] deciding on errata to CSS 2.1 (was Re: Errata to disallow 'inherit' after comma in 'font-family')

On Thursday 2012-05-03 01:51 +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * L. David Baron wrote:
> >In hindsight, I think we should reconsider this resolution once
> >there's actual proposed text for the errata item.  And in the
> >future, I think that given CSS 2.1's level of stability, we
> >shouldn't consider proposed errata without an actual proposal for
> >what text is being changed.
>
> The Working Group should "consider" such issues, but if there is no
> "patch", then it should only action someone to make one, and decide
> about such a patch when it is available. It's quite normal that some-
> one identifies a problem, but does not care at all how it should be
> resolved, or how the modified requirements should be phrased, or in
> fact they might not be able to come up with text that the group will
> approve, and filling such gaps is why we have the Working Group; but
> it would have to "consider" such issues to do that.
>
> (I suppose David would largely agree with that, but the above might
> be read by a casual reader that they need to send in patches if they
> don't want their issue to be ignored by the Working Group, and that
> would be a bad thing.)

Agreed.  By "consider" I probably should have written "agree to".

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄒   Mozilla                           http://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂