From: Andrew Fedoniouk
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:56 AM
To: François REMY
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [css-transition] :animating state pseudo-class & display property
I do not see any problems here:

    a { color: black; transition: color 0.2s; }
    a:hover { color: white; }
    a:animating { color: gray; }

the result will be exactly as in this case:

    a { color: black; transition: color 0.2s; }
    a:hover { color: white; }
    a:hover { color: gray; }

note last rule.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM, François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:

  So, you solve the problem by recalculating the whole computed style again. Why not, if it’s acceptable from a performance point of view.

  Just a question: how do you intend to handle such cases :

      a { color: black; transition: color 0.2s; }
      a:hover { color: white; }
      a:animating { color: black; }

  ?

  And, more subtile, that one :

      a { color: black; transition: color 0.2s; }
      a:hover { color: white; }
      a:animating { color: gray; }

  (This time, my question is: does the text becomes gray immediately or is it transitioned? When the text should change from gray to white, isn’t that going to retrigger a transition?)