Re: [css3-font] unquoted font family names with whitespace

Le Lun 19 mars 2012 15:02, L. David Baron a écrit :
> On Monday 2012-03-19 18:49 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>>
>> [L. David Baron:]

>> shorthand.
>> >
>> > Families aren't any more ambiguous in the 'font' shorthand than they
>> are
>> > in 'font-family' because, in the 'font' shorthand, the family must
>> come
>> > immediately after the <font-size> [ / <line-height> ]?
>> > part.
>> >

>> As line-height is optional and font-size can be a keyword I'd think
>> ambiguity
>> is possible e.g. if you want to use Monotype's Medium Roman:
>>
>> 	font: bold medium roman;
>>
>> and...
>>
>> 	font: bold 'medium roman';
>>

>> ...are not the same thing. The same issue could happen with fonts such
>> as
>> 'Large Old English Riband", "Large OT", "Large" and a number of other
>> fonts
>> for sale on MyFonts.com. I suspect there might even be families that
>> start
>> with 'small'.
>>
>> Or am I missing something?
>
> The second one is invalid because the 'font' shorthand *requires*
> the size part.

[RC5, pre-RC6] font-systemfont-rule-003 inaccurate/incorrect
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2011Mar/0038.html

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/font-systemfont-rule-003.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/font-051.htm

Gérard