Re: [css3-multicol] Minor/editorial: color definition in column-rule

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> The current column-rule value syntax is:
>
> <'column-rule-width'> || <'column-rule-style'> || [ <'column-rule-color'> | transparent ]
>
> I was wondering about the need for the transparent option in the third grouping; it turns out
> this is due to css3-multicol referring to css21's definition of the <color> type. Given that
> CSS3 Color is a REC I'd rather refer to that if it's easy to do at this point.

Agreed!

In addition, we have a general pattern now (written into the intro of
the module template) that future specs can expand the definition of
tokens we use in our spec.  This makes issues like the above moot;
just reference <color> in whatever the most recent spec is, and in the
future it'll automatically upgrade.

~TJ