Re: New feature. Content templates

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Alexander Shpack <shadowkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I create my own stylesheet and write something like form { display:
> none }, I had never send this form...
> Oops, this is similar trouble would be, is not?

Indeed. That's why HTML5 introduces a styling independent feature at
the HTML level for designating content that is not relevant to the
current state of the application:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/editing.html#the-hidden-attribute

display: none; was not introduced to enable content templating,
however, whereas that's the only use case you've presented for your
feature request.

> Encoded svg as background is ok, it's styling, except mine proposition. :)

If the SVG is not communicating information just styling, then that's
fine yeah. Why wouldn't it be?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis