Re: New feature. Content templates

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <
bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Alexander Shpack <shadowkin@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Main goal: more flexible content constructor, based on HTML templates
> >
> > Usage:
> >
> > content: pattern(#id);
> >
> > where id = unique identifier
> >

> > Example
> >
> > Code:

> > #content {
> >  content: pattern(contentPattern);
> > }
> >
> > Result:
> >
> > This is madness!
> > This is SPARTA!
>
> Hmm. Can you give an example of where you'd use this in a real design?
>
> --
> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

That's an interesting idea. I'd use text() rather than pattern() though.

A real world example could be a text preview of a form/email being sent...
something that needs its content to be updated live. Maybe one of those
"fill-a-word" forms.
This can all be done in easy and simple javascript though, so I don't
actually see much *use* for it, but I still think it's an excellent idea.

J. Leclanche