Re: [css3-images] comments on radial gradients

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [A]
>>        radial-gradient(red -25px, blue -20px, green -15px);
>
> [1] [A] is a valid declaration.
> [2] All three locations in [A] "are never directly consulted for rendering".
> [3] No impact on [A] as there are no non-negative locations.
>
> So [A] is a valid declaration but none of the stops are ever consulted for rendering, nor are there any additional stops that they affect.
>
> So ... does that imply you render transparent since there are stops consulted for rendering?
>
> IMO, the desired behavior is to solid fill green but the spec leaves it open for an implementation to render nothing / transparent without being non-conformant.

As I explained in my previous email, this reading of the spec language
(where the stops are ignored) was never intended, and I've reworded
the relevant section of the spec to attempt to make it clearer that
this is talking about the locations on the gradient line (color-stops
are placed *at* locations, they are not locations themselves).

Does this address your concerns?