Re: [css3-images] Images with an intrinsic aspect ratio and exactly one of an intrinsic height or width

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:04 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> The prose in http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#default-sizing
> (5.3, Default Concrete Object Size Resolution) seems to assume that
> if an image has an intrinsic aspect ratio, it either has neither or
> both of an intrinsic width and height.

That's not an assumption, it's a basic fact.  You can't have only two
of them; the third is automatically determined by the other two.
Should I make this more obvious somehow?

> However,
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-SVG11-20110816/coords.html#IntrinsicSizing
> certainly defines cases where there's an intrinsic aspect ratio
> (from a viewBox) and only one of an intrinsic width or height.

What cases are these?