Re: [selectors4] :empty psuedo class and input fields

(12/03/13 21:35), L. David Baron wrote:
> On Tuesday 2012-03-13 07:18 +0800, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
>> so I guess we might be able to say :empty applies to ::value. Maybe.
>
> I don't see how the ::value pseudo-element solves any of the same
> problems that a :value pseudo-attribute would solve.  They're
> different concepts; the pseudo-element allows styling the value and
> the pseudo-attribute allows selecting on it.

Oh, yes. I think I was somewhat confused when I said so. CCed Tantek
who, according to the history of the wiki page[1], wrote

(12/03/13 7:18), Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> [[
> dynamic values selector -
> already handled by ::value pseudo-element in CSS3-UI.
> ]]

in.

I guess an explanation would be: you use the parent selector to select
<input> out of 'input::value:empty'. In any case, that seems just overly
complex and of course can't do everything [:value] can do.

[1] http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/selectors4

Cheers,
Kenny