From: Brad Kemper [mailto:brad.kemper@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 3:16 PM
To: Brian Manthos
Cc: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu; Boris Zbarsky; WWW Style
Subject: Re: outline-radius

On Mar 12, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Paul Bakaus wrote:
>>> You mean if single box?  That's fine, but my point was that the spec
>>> needs to describe behavior in the multiple-box case too.
>
> Kang-Hao wrote:
>> Details are fun, but I feel like every time when someone talks in
>> this way, it *feels like* someone is discouraging people from sending
>> proposals. (Though I do have great sympathy for the whole
>> implementation industry.)
>
> I'd prefer border-radius rounding of spans that split across multiple
> lines (and thus have all kinds of 1-to-many element-box relationships)
> was addressed directly and clearly in the specification (with
> rendering examples!)

Do you mean such as, should 'box-decoration' affect whether or not the online box is rounded at the break as with blocks, and if not (or by default), should it be rounded there, by border-top-right-radius and border-bottom-right-radius in ltr text?

I say yes and yes. But I think we resolved to leave it undefined for bidi.

> before the WG even consider expanding the complexity to outline.
>
> It might feel like discouraging, and perhaps in part that's true.  I strongly discourage introducing shiny-27 until dependency shiny-15 is specified fully.

I disagree. Having something that looks like a round peg in a square hole means having something that looks broken. Fixing it is more important than just layering on some new shiny.