Re: <style scoped> and the cascade

On 03/07/2012 04:03 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2012, fantasai wrote:
>> On 03/07/2012 02:18 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm happy to change the scoping to work with new cascade levels, but
>>> it's hard to spec that cleanly without supporting infrastructure on
>>> the CSS side, so I'd rather only do that if the relevant CSS specs can
>>> first be changed to support the concept of multiple nested cascade
>>> levels.
>>
>> I think we're a little low on editing capacity for that, unless someone
>> competent steps up here. However, if you want to edit CSS3 Cascade, I'm
>> willing to clean up the draft and sync it to CSS2.1 for you. (I'll need
>> a WG resolution to drop the old alternate-style stuff that's in there,
>> and Håkon's ok to reorganize his draft, but that's probably easier to
>> get than convincing you to edit. :)
>>
>> (I can help with process stuff. I'm good at that. But I don't have the
>> bandwidth to actually work on another module.)
>
> I'd rather offload the rest of the scoped stylesheet logic rather than
> take on more work. I'm at capacity (arguably over capacity) already.

Yeah, I can't help you with that. But if the problem is that the changes
you want to make are scoped in CSS rather than HTML, but you're otherwise
able to do the technical spec work for those changes specifically, I can
take care of the overhead for you. Cleaning up and syncing a spec against
2.1 is something I can do fairly quickly, and ushering modules through the
W3C process is something I do a lot of already. :)

~fantasai