Re: [css3-images] element() "ignoring" transforms

On Monday 2012-03-05 18:47 +0100, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
> Regarding the eleemnt() function, CSS3 Images says
>
> "If the referenced element has a transform applied to it or an ancestor,
> the transform must be ignored when rendering the element as an image.
> [[!CSS-TRANSFORMS]]"
>
> I think it's probably worth detailing what it means for a transform to be
> "ignored". Should it be as if the transform property were 'none'? Note
> that this would have some additional effects, since a transformed element
> normally acts as a containing block for fixed-position descendants, for
> instance (even if it's just an identity transform).

Yeah, I don't think it means to change the parenting of
fixed-positioned elements.  I think it means that the image that
element() represents is captured in the coordinate space of the
element, so that any transforms on the element or its ancestors
don't cause a transformation of the resulting image.

-David