Re: [CSS3-fonts] Proposal: Allow a font name as value for font-size-adjust

On Mar 5, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Markus Ernst wrote:

> Am 05.03.2012 15:12 schrieb François REMY:
>> How do you want to apply something like that (font-size-adjust: "My
>> fancy font") if your computer don't have the My fancy font
>> installed/downloaded? This is impossible.
>
> Yes. As I wrote in my suggestion, if the font specified is not known to the system, the font-size-adjust property will be ignored.
>
> I am sure it is much easier to teach authors to use a well-supported font such as Arial as a reference, than to teach them how to find out the appropriate value for the specific aspect ratio of their first-choice font.

How about following the pattern of multiple-backgrounds and be able to specify one font-size-adjust for each font in the font-stack?

font-family: font1, font2, font3, sans-serif;
font-size-adjust: 0.5, 0.4, 0.7, 0.5;

font1 = 0.5
font2 = 0.4
font3 = 0.7