Re: [whatwg] <di>? Please?

<dl> (and <di> in this discussion) refers to **definition**, but in most
cases above, it should be a key-value pair rather than a term-description
pair, the former is more general in semantic, so I think we should have a
general purpose key-value pair element such as <pair>, <pn> (pair name) and
<pc> (pair content), in such case a user info form could be:

<pair>
  <pn>Username:</pn>
  <pc>John Smith</pc>
</pair>
<pair>
  <pn>Birth:</pn>
  <pc>2011-01-01</pc>
<pair>

This is more symantically structural correct, <pn> should be a phrasing
element while <pc> is a flow element so you can put flow/phrasing content
in <pc>. Although styling <pair> to aligned vertically/horizontally is a
matter of CSS but HTML gives a more definitive tag name

--
张立理 GrayZhang
博客:http://www.otakustay.com