RE: Western vertical texts

> From: Ambrose LI [mailto:ambrose.li@gmail.com]
> 2012/3/1 Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>:
>
> > Even if it succeeds, implementers still need to know what to do. So,
> > you're suggesting it being UA dependent, correct?
>
> No, I don't think he said make it UA dependent. He said vertical writing in Latin text should
> be treated as tate-chu-yoko partly because UA considerations support this behaviour.

Oh, sorry, probably my English skill problem. He said the use case difference is marginal and wanted to "give room for implementations," which I understood UA dependent.

If the use case difference is marginal, I do not see a good reason for WebKit Mac to change the already implemented behavior.

I also wonder how good "always use 1em height" is for Latin upright text.

What did I miss?

Regards,
Koji