Re: [css3-transitions][css3-animations] Event handler attributes on Window

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
> Chrome/WebKit has these event handler attributes on the window object:
>
> onwebkittransitionend
> onwebkitanimationstart
> onwebkitanimationiteration
> onwebkitanimationend
>
> I don't see anything about this in the specs, and neither Firefox/Gecko nor
> Opera/Presto have corresponding attributes.
>
> Should this be regarded as a WebKit issue, or a spec issue?

Just to clarify for those who come after me, because I was quite
confused at first: the events themselves are in the spec, and all
browsers support them (at least transitionend).  The issue is the
event handler attributes.

As far as I can tell, HTML has added new event handler attributes for
all its new event types, like onvolumechange and so on.  The practice
seems to be to still do that.  Tab Atkins agreed when I brought it up
in #whatwg.  So I'd say the specs should be fixed to add new content
attributes and IDL attributes to HTMLElement.  Alternatively, if we
don't want a dependency on HTML5, we could ask to add the attributes
in HTML5 (which already has normative dependencies on other CSS3
modules, like Color and Images).