Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

On 06/21/2012 04:18 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 6/21/12 5:16 AM, ext Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM, fantasai
>> <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>> You could just work in the explanation I sent in
>>> http://www.w3.org/mid/4FC64100.3060800@inkedblade.net
>> Added a note.
>>
>> The reason this is not very elaborated is that this really belongs in
>> a CSS specification that defines the layout box model and painting
>> order etc. in detail. As part of that you would have the top layer
>> concept and ways to hook into it via pseudo-elements, such as
>> ::backdrop. And some non-normative description around it to aid people
>> new to the material.
>>
>> Having this in Fullscreen is just patching holes in the CSS 2.1
>> specification, which is not a great way to do things.
>
> Daniel, Fantasai - please confirm whether or not Anne's latest changes ([1],[2]) address the "#2 issue" ([3]) that is blocking
> FPWD:
>
> <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/fullscreen/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#::backdrop-pseudo-element>

   # ... for an element in the top layer's stack. E.g. for the element that
   # is displayed fullscreen as described by this specification.

This second part is a fragment, not a sentence, so I'd suggest rewording,
maybe like this

   | ... for an element in the top layer's stack (such as a fullscreen element).

But otherwise it seems fine to me.

~fantasai