Re: [css3-regions] Regions as non-replaced block containers

On 6/8/12 5:42 AM, "Mihnea-Vlad Ovidenie" <mihnea@adobe.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>The CSSRegions spec details that, for now, only non-replaced block
>containers can become regions:
>http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-regions/#the-flow-from-property. Taking a
>look at
> the possible values for 'display' property, I would say that only {
>block, inline-block, compact, run-in, table-cell, table-caption,
>list-item} qualify for making a region. Did I miss any value here? Does
>it make sense to support all the above values for regions,
> like 'compact' for instance?

I do not think it makes sense to support either 'compact' or 'run-in' for
regions. Both of those values can result in inline-level elements in some
cases. I think it makes sense to support all of the others.

I've added this note to the spec as an implementation FYI:

  At the time of this note-writing,
  the display values that always result
  in a block container include block,
  inline-block, table-cell,