Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

On 06/19/2012 12:49 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Le 19/06/12 09:41, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM, fantasai<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>> It looks like you missed #2.
>>
>> I think ::backdrop is clear enough. Not entirely sure what you would
>> expect seeing there more than what it already says.
>
> Well, the spec says how it's named, where it is created and still lacks
> a description of *WHAT IT IS*, functionnally speaking... It would help
> really a lot to have such an explanation.

You could just work in the explanation I sent in
   http://www.w3.org/mid/4FC64100.3060800@inkedblade.net
e.g.
   | Each element in the top layer's stack has a ::backdrop pseudo-element,
   | which can be styled to create a backdrop that hides the underlying
   | document when the element is displayed fullscreen.

I think that would address Daniel's comment.

The CSSWG generally tries to explain the intention of a feature at a high
level rather than simply giving the processing model and asking implementers
to blindly implement it. This helps spec reviewers understand the goal of
the feature and therefore comment intelligently on how it fulfills that
goal, and it helps implementers and authors create a mental context for
interpreting the rest of the spec text and applying it to real code.

~fantasai