Re: [css3-page][css3-mediaqueries] Changing element styles on page breaks

Le 16/06/2012 05:07, Brad Kemper a écrit :
> OK.
>
> So, if I wanted to add @regions to the inside of an @page, then that
> is doable, right? Image this:
>
> @region normally requires a selector to select a region, so it can
> style the part of the flow within the region.[1] Presumably (although
> the spec doesn't say) using an @region selector to select something
> that is not a region has no effect. But I can imagine selecting
> @region :root, or not having any selector at all after @region, would
> cause @region to just select the entire "normal" (non-named) flow
> (the stuff that isn't in a named region flow). Normally, doing so for
> continuous media wouldn't be terribly useful, but put '@region { … }'
> inside of '@page thisParticularPage { … }', and then the rules inside
> that @region would apply to only that page.
>
> I think that would about cover it, no? Can we add that to the region
> spec?

I’m not very familiar with regions so I can’t answer if it would make
sense, but strictly from a syntax point of view this would be fine:

* CSS 2.1 states that @page can contain at-rules mixed with its property
declarations, even though it did not define any such rule.
* css3-page adds 16 at-rules (for page-margin boxes) in @page
* Future levels or other modules could add more

--
Simon Sapin