Re: [css3-page][css3-background] Canvas background painting and positioning area

Le 11/06/2012 22:06, fantasai a écrit :
> How about we change the spec to say:
>
>     0. Page Background
>     1. Document Canvas
>     2. Page Border
>     3. Document Content
>     4. Margin Boxes
>
> The document canvas would effectively be the "background" of the page
> box, painting at the same layer with respect to the page border as a
> normal box's background to its border. Layers 1, 2, & 3 would form a
> stacking context; the margin boxes can be positioned above or below
> them, but not interleaved between.

This is interesting, but a bit weird. The border from @page would "work
together" with the background from :root or even body, while the
background from @page and the border from :root are completely different.

This reminds me that I’m still not sure whether (implementation detail)
I should have a single "page box" object that contains a fragment of
:root; or more boxes for the page "sheet" (matching the 'size'
property), the page area, the canvas, ...

Back to the proposed change: I’m fine either way, as long as none of
this end up unspecified.

Regards,
--
Simon Sapin