Re: [css3-transforms] Effect of CSS transforms on scrollable areas

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

> This optimization does become visible if the animating thing is inside
> overflow:scroll. Also, if something else forces layout (like
> offsetWidth/getBoundingClientsRects etc), then layout will occur and
> scrollbars will be updated.

According to my test referenced above, that actually doesn't happen.

Dispatching events to the content apparently causes layout to be flushed
(according to getBoundingClientRect) but scrollbars still don't appear at
that point. It's odd.

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]