Re: [CSSOM-view] Support centering an element when scrolling into view.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Thaddee Tyl <thaddee.tyl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
>
>> > Also, I believe with CSS Regions it's possible to have an element which
> >>
> >> While I have no idea how it should work, I believe that this may not be
> >> too important right now.
> >

> > If it's not specified now, then different engines will do different
> random
> > things and it'll be much harder to fix later.
>
> This issue is similar to what happens to
> an element that gets scrolled into view inside an iframe.

I think it's actually quite different. Normally, for an element that got
broken into multiple CSS boxes, all the boxes will still have the same
"nearest scrollable ancestor". IFRAMEs don't change this. CSS Regions,
however, can change this so that the boxes might have different "nearest
scrollable ancestors".

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]