Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> On 05/30/2012 07:38 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
>> 1. "position: center" in section 6.1 refers to an Editor's Draft that is
>> not actively discussed at this time. Only normative references
>> should be made to CSS specs or the Fullscreen draft will have to wait
>> until that ED becomes a REC to itself become a REC.

That's okay.

>  | If its specified 'position' is 'static', it computes to 'absolute'.

What if position is not specified?

> Though it seems likely that 'fixed' is required here, no?

The top layer concept is also used by HTML for its <dialog> element.

> (You can add a note that the behavior of future values of 'position' is
> undefined, since we don't know what they will be and whether they'll
> need to be forced to 'fixed'.)

I expect we'll just update the specification.

>> 2. the ::backdrop pseudo-element is not explained in the document
>> outside of section 6.2. It's unclear to me why it is needed, what
>> it represents, etc.
>
> It's needed, if I understand correctly, to style the background that
> hides the document when the fullscreened element is shown.
>
> Since it is a pseudo-element, it should specify what properties apply to it.
> I'm not sure that anything other than the background properties need apply,
> but the spec should be explicit about what does and does not apply, at least
> in terms of CSS2.1 properties.

Clarified.

> Other comments:
>
>  #  *|*:fullscreen {
>  #      position:fixed;
>  #      top:0; right:0; bottom:0; left:0;
>  #      margin:0;
>
> Shouldn't that be margin: auto? I'd've assumed you'd want replaced elements
> centered by default.

No because width/height are set as well. We should maybe set another
property for replaced elements. content-fit or some such.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/