Re: [css4-images] element() and non-static children

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> What is the z-index value of such element then?
> Let's assume that element used in element() (let it be A element) is in
> some container that has z-index:10 and the A element has children:
> B with z-index:1 and C with z-index:20. What would be the rendering
> order of this setup:
> 1. B -> A -> C or
> 2. A -> B -> C ?
> (note that element A is position:static by itself)

I don't understand the question.  You just draw it like normal.  The
spec is very clear about how this works.

> And related question:
> What if the element A has opacity:0.5? Will the rendering contain
> pixels rendered by its containers? Or opacity shall be ignored as other
> transformations?

Again, you just render the element and its descendants over an
infinite transparent backdrop.  You can't implement element() just by
clipping out an already-rendered rectangle from the page (at least,
not in general - you can probably often do so in practice).

~TJ