Re: [css3-flexbox] absolutely positioned flex item should not have side effect on space distribution

On 07/11/2012 03:34 AM, John Hax wrote:
> Absolutely positioned flex item should not have side effect on space distribution. Since space-* is about distribute spaces
> evenly,
>
>    A--B--C
>
> with B absolutely positioned, should be rendered as
>
>    A--C
>
> , where B is positioned at the middle of A and C if all 'top'/'bottom'/'right'/'left' are 'auto'。

I've summarized the state of the thread at
   http://wiki.csswg.org/topics/flex-abspos-placeholders

It would help if people gave solid arguments in favor of or against
one or the other of the proposals, preferably with understandable
use cases. :)

So far we've had Kang-hao and Brad Kemper weigh in on

   B > A > C

 From implementer's perspective, I suspect it would be more like

   C > B > A

I'm happy to spec anything, I just need people with informed opinions
to inform us so the WG can make an informed decision. :)

~fantasai