Re: [css3-box] run-ins: an alternative model

On 7/19/12 9:52 AM, fantasai wrote:
> * Run-ins are only allowed to be the first inline in a block,
> or the first inline following other run-ins.
> Thus an inline followed by a run in causes the creation
> of an anonymous block boundary between the two,
> but a run-in followed by an inline form a block together.

So any time a run-in is not part of a sequence of run-ins at the
beginning of a block and not part of a sequence of run-ins that are
followed by a block it gets moved into the following block?

I assume the "first inline" bit also has to ignore whitespace?

How does this affect floating or positioned children of the run-in?
What do their containing blocks end up being?  (I believe this was
already on the issues list.)

> * If the last run-in in a sequence is immediately followed
> (ignoring out-of-flows and white space) by a block,
> the entire sequence gets shifted into that block.

But the out-of-flows and whitespace in question do not, correct?

> Thoughts? bzbarsky, is this reasonably sane? :)

I don't think it's any more insane than what we had so far, at least.  ;)

-Boris