Re: Property interactions and computed style

On Thursday 2012-07-12 20:22 -0600, Glenn Adams wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
>
> > We probably actually need to start adding "Used Value"
> > lines that describe what getComputedStyle returns.)
> >

> I was thinking the same thing today. We could have a blanket rule that the
> used value is the computed value except for those properties that
> explicitly specify a "Used Value" line in their definition.

That would be a bad rule to introduce unless we go through every
spec first.  Otherwise we'd end up specifying things that disagreed
with existing interoperability, and that would lead some
implementers to actually change their implementations and break that
interoperability.

-David