Re: [CSS21] border-collapse with rowspan or colspan

Le Mar 10 juillet 2012 6:53, Simon Sapin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The collapsing border model for tables is not well-defined and not
> interoperable in presence of cells with colspan or rowspan > 1.
>
> Test case:
>
> http://dabblet.com/gist/3082417

There seems to be a problem with that test. How many columns does (or
should) that table have? It seems there is 3 columns (from looking at 2nd
row) but the first row uses only 2 columns.

> WebKit, Gecko and Opera give three different renderings,

If the table is wrongly/imbalancely designed, then different renderings is
to be expected.

> none obviously
> better (to me) than the others. The only consistent detail is that cells
> (with rowspan or colspan) never have borders inside.
>
> However, the problematic cases are not very interesting so I suggest
> leaving this undefined until someone wants to make css3-tables in a few
> decades. Maybe add a note in CSS 2.1 saying explicitly that this is
> undefined.
>
> In the meantime, I’ll do whatever is more convenient in WeasyPrint.

Gérard

--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite