Re: [css3] Suggestion: Selector variables or “synonyms”

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
>> [3] http://meiert.com/en/blog/20080207/selector-variables/
>
> Though I think I’ve phrased the original suggestion rather poorly, I
> still believe in the value of variables for selectors.
>
> Keeping this quite brief, are there any plans to extend the Variables
> Module in this regard? What would be needed to consider an addition?

I stick with what I said originally in this thread.  The CSS Variables
spec isn't intended to address this type of use.  I'd like to address
the use-case (reusing blocks of code in multiple places), but it might
not be through this precise mechanism - SASS's @extend offers very
similar functionality, and its Mixins essentially provide an inverted
form of this functionality.

I still haven't picked up enough bandwidth to deal with this right now, though.

~TJ