Re: [css3-values] valid rationale for not allowing spaces around '+' and '-' to be dropped

On Jul 5, 2012, at 1:51 AM, "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> I disagree, but fine. I just hope the working group states the rationale
> in a more understandable way, such as
>
>  "We (might want/are likely) to add the ability to use keywords in
> calc(), in order not to make people get acquainted to omitting spaces
> around '-' and hence produce invalid value like
> 'calc(auto-min-content)', we force authors to always put spaces around

Hmm. Seems to me only one space is needed for disambiguation. I'd prefer to make the space after the sign optional, so that one could think of it as either subtracting a positive value or making a positive value negative.