Re: [css3-writing-modes] vertical orientation and UTR50

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:59:17 +0200, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
wrote:

> And the resolution at Hamburg actually helped, although it may not make
> WD now. By that resolution, authors understood something more stable and
> usable is coming soon. Implementers understood it's something worth to
> spend time on. Access, a Japanese implementer, actually created a patch
> and is going to upstream to Readium, and is also seeking for a
> possibility to upstream WebKit too. I'm not sure if they can make it or
> not, but yes, that was what I wanted, and the resolution at CSS WG
> helped it to happen.

So what we needed was a clear and visible statement that UTR50 was the
answer.
We made it, and that triggered the relevant changes in the early
implementations. Good.

> Now that both authors and implementers are aligned to draft #5.5 thanks
> to the resolution and thanks to a lot of work to make it, and draft #6
> is in the horizon, Sylvain's proposal makes great sense to me now.

I think this should be acceptable to everybody, yes.

  - Florian